The BMW Coding Tool 2.50 allows you to update your SP-DATEN (Data files) automatically instead of manually installing the files by copy and pasting files. It will automatically update the files that require replacing and skip the files that you don't need!
The BMW Coding Tool is installed when you install your BMW Tools Package. You can find the shortcut on the desktop.
1. We need to set our default folders for NCSExpert, WinKFP, and EDIABAS. See the screenshots.
2. Once all the folders are set we can now proceed to updating our SPDatens. Doing this by selecting the “Select SP-source” button and then select the folder with the new SPDaten. I always like to start with the earliest model which is E36.
Path should look something like mine in the screenshot.
3. Now that we have set our SPDaten path we can now select the “Update SP-daten” button.
Only all NEWER files will be copied from:
…\SP-DATEN-Exx\ECU –> …\EDIABAS\ECU
…\SP-DATEN-Exx\SGDAT –> …\EC-APPS\NFS\SGDAT
…\SP-DATEN-Exx\SGDAT –> …\NCSEXPER\SGDAT
…\SP-DATEN-Exx\DATEN –> …\NCSEXPER\DATEN\Exx
also update of files in …\NCSEXPER\DATEN
You will notice the files that have been replaced will display update –> **.** and the ones that did not require updating will displayremain –> **.**
In my case as displayed in the image below all will show remain because I have already updated them.
4. Now repeat the same steps for WinKFP…
Select the “Update WinKFP” button and all folders will be copied and replaced from:
…\SP-DATEN-Exx\DATA –> …\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA
also update of SGIDC.AS2 in …\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\GDATEN to adjust the “long lines”
backup’s of all folders are saved as …\name_date_time
5. Once completed, repeat the same steps for all base models so from E36 to E89. Congratulations you now have successfully updated your NCSExpert and WinKFP with your latest SP-DATEN files.